cardinalws Cardinal Web Solutions
The Account Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership in coordinating the development of tactical, strategic, and interactive marketing plans for clients. Client facing responsibilities include defining and managing client campaign goals, addressing high profile client issues, communicating results to clients, and identifying new opportunities for clients.
The Account Manager is focused on elevating the Cardinal Web Solutions client experience through client relationship development, project management excellence, and proactive thought leadership. This highly visible role oversees the delivery and financial impact on budget, target goals, and overall ROI for both the client and the agency.
The ideal candidate will have agency experience, with a proven track record of driving strategy and growth oriented results. Past experiences will also include proven track record of exceeding client expectations and goals, and a thorough knowledge of digital marketing and advertising. Candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading data-driven marketing campaigns and initiatives across various digital marketing channels.
The Account Manager must have solid presentation skills, be an excellent communicator, and have outstanding client and campaign management skills. Experience at a digital marketing and/or advertising agency is an absolute MUST and no exceptions will be made.
- Master of risk mitigation, critical thinking, problem solving, and client retention.
- Has a record of managing budgets, and clients of various sizes and within various industries.
- Has a solid and proven hands-on understanding of: SEO, SEM, Content, Social and Web Design.
- Holds everyone accountable to each SOW and client contracts as they relate to deliverables and overall marketing strategy.
- Translates complex SOW to actionable and measurable results, by team and by channel.
- Cardinal brand ambassador, holds themselves and others accountable to the Cardinal culture of results and client first values.
- Acts as an advocate for client needs within Cardinal to other departments to provide superior level of client services through teamwork and mutual respect for colleagues.
- Contributes to and builds out new business proposals as needed. Partners directly with business development for ongoing opportunity of both current and future clients.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for increasing services to all clients, knows when to involve additional staff for assistance with risk mitigation.
- Builds and maintains Trusted Advisor relationships with all key clients, periodically requesting candid feedback on team performance from anchor clients.
- Directly manages escalated client issues and concerns. Empowered to partner with Managers/Directors from various teams.
- Leads and sets the standard for excellence for the team’s creation of detailed and accurate SOWs and project plans – timelines, accountability, and risk management plans.
- Works within existing agency processes & procedures, while simultaneously seeking to improve executional efficiency in all processes performed by the Account team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have 2-5 years’ digital agency experience
- Experience working as an internal client advocate and collaborator with internal team members to drive our clients’ businesses forward.
- Experience partnering with clients to define the strategic direction, requirements, tactics, and success criteria for each project and campaign. Often when the client is not sure!
- Experience leading client meeting, explaining results, and making presentations.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client-side relationships with senior business and marketing decision makers.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams in a collaborative process.
- Experience analyzing campaign, project, and financial performance and identify areas for growth and improvement.
- Exhibits outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities that contribute to client growth, development, and success; particularly as it relates to emerging products, platforms, and channels.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think how the client would think (results, performance, goals, growth).
- Ability to work well in a flexible, dynamic work environment.
- Willing to roll up sleeves as needed to get the job done, in addition to all other assigned duties and tasks.